It has taken 2 years of picking up and putting down, but at long last I've finished my 3D flower rug. I've gone from loving it, to hating it, and back to loving it again. Time is a funny thing like that.
When I started working from home, I decided I needed a rug to put over my legs when working at the desk. Sounds daggy I know, but it gets pretty cold in my office. So I started with the centre 3D flower motif, and played with the layout of weeks and weeks. Finally I decided I could keep rearranging for ever and never by happy, so just accepted it as done as a 5 x 6 square layout.
Then I added the outer square rounds. My patchwork brain kicked in, and added "sashing" to join the blocks together.
I tried a couple of different border ideas. A mixed colour granny edge was to heavy looking, so finally settled on this simple edging. I think it works, even if it is a little "wavy".