Tuesday 17 April 2012

Dot's Hat

I love, love, love Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries showing on the ABC at the moment. The acting is great, but to me the real star of the show are the sets and fashion. In last weeks episode Miss Fisher's maid / assistant Dot, inspired me to come up with my own 1920's inspired hat. So armed with a ball of 12 ply from my stash (the label is long gone, so I have no idea what it is), I played around with a basic beanie shape. Then I added a 3/4 brim and rosette to give it that 1920's styling. 




My niece Lauren was helping my at the craft market on the weekend, so was roped into modelling for this shot. Assuming none of her friends would ever read my blog, she agreed. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it Megan! And how grown up is she looking now - wow!
    BTW, have finally tech edited the blokey beanie pattern (in handwriting) and will get it to you via email on Thursday. It's a great hat - and a knitting friend of mine was watching me crochet it today and commented that it looked like Fisherman's Rib - so your inspiration for the stitch pattern certainly shone through! You may have to write up a pattern for Dot's Hat too, you know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in from New Zealand to say hi and liking your hat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I love hearing from you, and appreciate your input.

Megan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...