Monday 13 February 2012

Making the most of a mistake.

When I first came back to crochet a couple of years ago, my first project was to crochet a bag that I would felt. Big mistake. On a road trip to Canberra I grabbed some yarn and got busy. What I hadn't checked was that the yarn was actually a treated wool that would not felt. So after many attempts to felt, I gave up in discussed and left it in the cupboard.

Fast forward about 18 months, and I pulled out the failed bag with the hope of doing something with it. I spotted a cheap ottoman in Spotlight and the idea formed to use the "bag" to cover the ottoman. I think it has worked well. So glad I didn't just throw it out.





5 comments:

Thanks so much for commenting. I love hearing from you, and appreciate your input.

Megan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...