The Photo A Day Challenge @ Fat Mum Slim topic for Tuesday was "Childhood" and that got me thinking about Mum's recipe for Pavlova. It has a lovely marshmallow centre, and couldn't be easier.
- Add the following in a mixing bowl.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence (extract often has emulsifier which brakes the structure of the mix - found that out the hard way)
- Start beating with electric mixer, and drizzle in 4 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Beat for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes @ 170C
- Then bake for 45 minutes @ 140C
I've used this recipe for both pavlova and meringues, to great success.