Thursday 26 January 2012

Colour merge cushion

Over the last week or so, I've been working on a crochet project that is all about colour. The colour merging of the yarn does all the hard work, with very little "design" required.

I've used 2 strands of 8 ply yarn with a 6mm needle and a half double chain stitch, in a basic square formation. To merge the colours I've worked colour A & B in round 1, colour B & C in round 2, colour C & D in round 3 and so on until reaching the size required.





Position the cushion insert on an angle and wrap the crochet fabric like an envelope.




 I've stitched the edges together using a basic single crochet stitch.


The end result gives 2 effects which I think works equally well.




3 comments:

  1. Oh that looks great - how clever to sew it on angled - the effect is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea - simple, but very effective!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I love hearing from you, and appreciate your input.

Megan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...