Tuesday 10 January 2012

Photo a day challenge.

10.01.2012 - "Childhood"

A dear friends daughter had a birthday party this week, and it got me thinking about my childhood birthday parties. I'm fortunate enough to have a Mum that is a fantastic cook, and she has passed this love down to he children and grandchildren. Birthday parties always involved the "party food" we couldn't have any other time. Raspberry lemonade, fairy bread, jelly filled cream puffs, little saveloys and sauce, meringues, and of course a marble or rainbow cake with decoration of our choice. Despite the feeling that I would always break my teeth, I eagerly waited for the chance to have these shiny metallic balls on my cake each year. They always made the cake look so "party" special.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I love hearing from you, and appreciate your input.

Megan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...